Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Santa Fe: Opera House

I attended the famous Santa Fe Opera's production of "Fidelio" the only opera by Beethoven.  The trip to the outdoor opera house was an adventure as the afternoon Monsoon rains began with lightning and thunder and pouring rain as I was driven to the opera on a hill side several miles from town.  I was greeted by umbrella carrying assistants and enjoyed a buffet dinner with an explanation of the opera in a modern tent sheltering us from the storm.  The rain let up and I walked further up the hill to the opera house which is fully covered but open on the sides.  It was a great experience which I highly recommend.  Here are pictures of my adventure:




This is the stage and theater before the performance taken from my seat in the balcony.

The is one of the final scenes of "Fidelio" which was set in a Nazi concentration camp during WWII.  

No comments:

Post a Comment