Friday, August 8, 2014

Santa Fe: Gallery Favorites

While roaming in Santa Fe last week, I spotted some favorite things I would like to share.

The first 5 photos are of oil paintings on linen by Deladier Almeida that I visted at one of the Blue Rain Galleries on Lincoln.  These paintings caught my eye as I was walking to the Creativity and Madness conference I was attending in the convention center.

Mr. Almeida paints images of California, Colorado and New Mexico.  His thick vivid colors reminded me of the Expressionist from 100 years ago.  He studied with Wayne Thiebaud at UC Davis who had great influence on Almeida's landscapes.  These also remind me of the Berkeley Years series by Richard Diebenkorn.  Almeida's landscapes are taken from what he observed flying over in plane or helicopter.  He was born in Brazil and has lived in California for 30 years.

Here are those I enjoyed:
"Sentry Bend"

Linear Eccentricities

"Enchanted Valdez Valley"

"Landscape Jubilant"

"Brief Modulations"
I enjoyed a group of sculptures and "whirligigs" outside the Wilford Gallery on Canyon Road.  This was after hours so I didn't learn the names of the creators.  This is what I saw...some made me laugh out loud with joy:









No comments:

Post a Comment