Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday at Santa Monica Beach

It was a cloudy but warm day at the beach so I sat outside at Back on the Beach restaurant and enjoyed my veggie omelet, potatoes, and cranberry scone while I read the L.A. Times and watched the skaters, bicycles, and birds go by.  I then walked down to the waters edge and marveled in the graceful pelicans flying in formation while fishing.  Then a happy looking seal popped up out of the water and swam by.

The Annenberg Beach House has many attractions including an art gallery where I enjoyed the works of Doni Silver Simons, painter, Melinda Smith Altshuler who works with translucency and light, Julia Schwartz, painter, Aleve Mei Loh, painter, sculptor and filmmaker, and Airom Bleicher an Australian bush-raised and educated artist living in L.A.





No comments:

Post a Comment