Monday, April 23, 2012

Windsor Square Hancock Park Historical Society Garden Tours and Party

On Sunday April 22nd, Colleen and I participated in the WSHPHS Garden Tours and Party.  As volunteer chair, I have been busy recruiting, assigning and orienting 130 volunteers to be docents in 7 gardens in the neighborhood.  I also helped with the silent auction and served in various capacities at the Getty House party site.  The Getty House is the official residence of the Mayor of Los Angeles that is located in our neighborhood.

It was a beautiful day, the roses, irises and other spring flowers were popping.  The party was grand and the volunteers showed and up did what they were supposed to do for the most part.  I now have a new appreciation for all the work of those volunteers leaders at the scores of Five Acres events I attended over thirty four and a half years.  It was a great success.  Whew....it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment