Monday, April 30, 2012

Parking Permit and REI Card

This was an important day in my Roaming Life.  I took my T.B. test at the V.A. hospital as a part of the process to become a volunteer.  I then paid the grand sum of $2.20 for a years free parking pass at the Santa Monica Beach lots....a gift to seniors.  The Peoples Republic of Santa Monica does care about the little folks as mom use to say about the working class.  Then, I used my pass to set on the beach sipping a smoothy in the cold cloudy day....I was practically alone but felt newly empowered.

Then I went to R.E.I. and mingled with the adventurous and purchased a sleeping bag and mat for future roamings.  I am also now a card carrying member of R.E.I. with promise of discounts and invitations to purchase more stuff for outdoor adventures.  Isn't life grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment