Friday, May 24, 2013

Playing on a Friday a week ago

It's been a busy week so will catch up with a blog about Friday May 17.  I met a friend for lunch and a walk around the Huntinton Gardens, Library and Museum in San Marino last week.  The cactus gardens were looking good, the roses were popping and the Jacaranda trees were awash with purple blooms...a beautiful spring day in Southern Cal.  Here are some of my pics:




I know what it looks like...but it only a beautiful big cactus.


After a nap, I was off to LACMA for their free jazz, a beer and supper.  Wolfgang Schalk and his quartet gave a great concert so I bought his new CD called "Word of Ear."  Wolfgang is from Graz, Austria and has traved the world with his music.  His jazz guitar can be calm and moody to upbeat and fun.  I am enjoying the music as I drive through L.A. traffic...keeps me mellow.  "Wolfgang Schalk delivers hard-swinging and emotive compositions on both electric and nylon-string guitar," so says his P.R.  He is said to recall the sounds of Wes Montgomery and George Benson.  Here are some of pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment