Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Roaming in Redondo Beach on Wednesday

After a great lunch at Kincaid's restaurant on the water with friend Judy, I found a small gallery row on Francisca Ave.  Cannery Row Studios is at 604 N. Francisa and 608 Gallery is next door on a small alley like street just off of Catalina Ave.  Both were closed, but the owner let me into the delightful 608 Gallery.  It features local artists with frequent shows of their work.  I particularily enjoyed the work of artist Eve Pericich from San Pedro but originally from Croatia.  After a long career in education, she is now focusing on her creative life.She uses acrylic collage to create vivid, intricate portraits and scenes.  Her colors "pop" and I was very tempted to buy at least one of them.


The Beach
Cave Near Terranea
The Cliffs
Memories of Haiti
My Lunch

The Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment