Monday, May 21, 2012

Roaming at Santa Monica beach house

It is amazing that this property once owned by Marion Davis, mistress of William Randolph Hearst, is now open to people like you and I.....free, kind of.  With my senior parking pass, $2.20 for a YEAR, I can park free.  I can roam around and enjoy the ambiance and get out the credit card when I roam into "Back on the Beach" the great cafe that is on the grounds.  Wow....those omelets with amazing fried potatoes and those cranberry scones!!  I always take a few home for the next days breakfasts.  The original swimming pool with marble has a charge...must beat the munchkins there during the summer.  The original guest house with the white columns in the back of the picture is nice to tour and to just hang out in .....free WiFi even on the porch.  The new modern buildings house meetings, conferences, weddings and even art displays.
Thank you Wallis Annenberg for spiffing up the property and making a great beach house property available for the "little people"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us! I came across your blog while I was looking for a santa monica beach house rental for a upcoming vacation I'm taking with my girlfriend. I'm happy I did because it was a great read and got me even more excited, that house is absolutely amazing. Thank you again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete